Friday, October 1, 2010

I Knew This Wouldn't Be Easy...

Well since I have written my last post, I tried to practice what I was preaching. On Thursday, I had some Cascadian Farms Pomegranate flax seed oat clusters for breakfast with blueberry granola. Though the clusters were a little high in calories, (220 for a cup with my skim milk), their fiber content was great and the granola had over 20 grams of whole grain! Best of all, it was delicious and tided me over for a few hours.

Unfortunately I had to work during the day, but I tried my best to plan my meals. I packed a scoop of whey protein powder(syntha-6 chocolate peanut butter), chocolate hemp milk, unsweetened kefir, and plain tuna with red onion, spinach, and black pepper. The hemp milk and kefir I mix to make a really tasty protein shake, which subsequently is PACKED with the nutrients from the hemp, and loaded with protein and calcium from both the powder and the kefir. The only thing I am mindful of is the sugar content in the hemp, 21 g a serving. So I try to do one part kefir to a half part hemp.

Later that night, I went into Boston to visit good friends from high school. We went out to eat and I tried to stick with my diet by getting spring rolls not fried with shrimp and mint inside, and then a chicken dish full of veggies. Not organic, but very good and it didn't weigh me down. For dessert, a blueberry yogurt smoothie.

Today I have a double shift, and my meals I have planned so far is plain chicken with rice and broccoli for dinner and oatmeal with kefir mixed in for breakfast. I don't know what lunch will be, but I know there will be a protein shake in there somewhere. Unfortunately, I have not made it to the gym yet. I promise that will change by Sunday...though going to the gym on Sundays always sucks.

You guys have any low calorie snack ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs always entertain me even though you never knew that I was reading them. Keep writing fun stuff for me to read when I'm bored. You can do it Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Thanks for keeping up Chris! Hope VT is treating you good!

    ReplyDelete